Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invoking Service Programmatically

Hello,

I have developed an IP Phone Service and subscribed it with my IP Phone, and it's available when SERVICES key is pressed,

I am trying to invoke it on IP Phone screen programmatically, I am lost in different concepts, should I use AXL getPhone and obtain an object to operate IP Phone? or what else? Please help.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,

M. Mudassir Saeed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Download the IP Phone Services SDK and have a look at the two push2phone samples.. they should give you an idea on how pushing works (basically you do a http post to the phone's ip address and send it an xml element you'd normally show in the application).

Or, you push a CiscoIPPhoneExecute with the url of your service which makes the phone request that service (just like you pressed the service button and then selected the appropriate service).

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Download the IP Phone Services SDK and have a look at the two push2phone samples.. they should give you an idea on how pushing works (basically you do a http post to the phone's ip address and send it an xml element you'd normally show in the application).

Or, you push a CiscoIPPhoneExecute with the url of your service which makes the phone request that service (just like you pressed the service button and then selected the appropriate service).

Thank you very much Stephan, your ideas helped me a lot to resolve my issue, thank you once again.

muzahidul_islam
Level 1
Level 1

Dear M. Mudassir Saeed:

I would like to ask you the following and hope to receive your kind answer:

I use UC 520 and IP Phone 7975 during development. I presss the "Services" button and it shows the following first:

CME Services URLs

1. CME Service URL

2. Extension Mobility

Then, when I press 1. CME Service URL, I come to my application.

My question is how can I come to my application directly after pressing the Services button.

Thanks for your help.

muzahidul_islam
Level 1
Level 1

One more question:

After making any change to my application code how can I display the updated result on my IP Phone? Pressing which button of the phone this can be done?

Any comment will be highlty appreciated.

Best regards,

UC520? Not sure what its capabilities are.. if it's configuration is anything like a CME, you can have a single url which normally is supposed to give you a list of services. But it should be possible to change that url so that it points to your application (I've seen it on a CCM7 if you define a default service.. then the phones will directly go to that service as long as there is only one).. so look for a way to manipulate the service url for your phones.

And I don't understand your second question. Phones request the service so just request the service again and it will show the most up-to-date version of your software.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually my second question was really not understandable. I am sorry for that. What I want is:

For example I am visiting a page "Test". I want to update this page without exiting (as you mentioned with pressing the Services button again) from this page, like in Internet explorer we do just press "Refresh".

Thanks

Hi,

You can add a refresh header, then the phone will refresh autmatically!

or add an update softkey to the same page

hth

Sascha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: