cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS GW (VG200) & Auto Attendant

r-reed
Level 1
Level 1

I have Auto Attendant configured and when I call the route point number from an IP phone all works fine. If I call from PSTN to the GW running MGCP with the Attendant DN set to the route point number, the GW answers and I get nothing. Watching with real time monitoring of the AA application shows the call up for a moment before dropping. I have to reset the GW before it will release the line. I am not using any regions, but am using partitions and calling search spaces. If I change the Attendant DN on the GW to an IP phone, all works as it should.

CCM 3.2.1 on MCS-7825

IOS 12.1(5)XM6 on VG200 using FXO in 1/1/1 for PSTN interface.

VMailGW#sho run

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1019 bytes

!

version 12.1

no service single-slot-reload-enable

no service pad

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log uptime

service password-encryption

!

hostname VMailGW

!

logging rate-limit console 10 except errors

enable password 7

!

ip subnet-zero

no ip finger

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 111.222.111.33 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

call rsvp-sync

!

!

!

!

!

ccm-manager mgcp

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 111.222.111.222 255.255.254.0

duplex auto

speed auto

!

ip classless

no ip http server

!

!

voice-port 1/0/0

!

voice-port 1/0/1

!

voice-port 1/1/0

!

voice-port 1/1/1

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/1/0

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/1/1

!

!

line con 0

transport input none

line aux 0

line vty 0 4

password 7 !

end

5 Replies 5

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Are you getting a busy signal or is it connecting and you are just not getting any audio? Are you sure you are doing g.711 between the gateway and the auto attendant.

Thank you,

-Mckee

I get no audio. When watching the app view real time monitoring, I see the call come up and drop immediatly. After a call is attempted, the GW has to be reset else you just get a busy signal. I have no 729 configured at all on on this CM.

Are you sure the apps server can ping the router. It almost sounds like a routing issue. Not sure why the AA would work internally and not through the vg200.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Yes it can. I can put normal calls in and out all day. It;s just when I change the Attendant DN in the CM gateway port config from an IP phone to the AA route point that things start breaking.

Thanks for helping.

Bob

r-reed
Level 1
Level 1

This appears to be bug dw69421 where the vg200 hangs when trying a call that is passed to a cti port. Workaround is to put a dummy phone in that the vg200 calls. The dummy phone forwards all calls to the route point.