cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS GW (VG200) & Auto Attendant

r-reed
Level 1
Level 1

I have Auto Attendant configured and when I call the route point number from an IP phone all works fine. If I call from PSTN to the GW running MGCP with the Attendant DN set to the route point number, the GW answers and I get nothing. Watching with real time monitoring of the AA application shows the call up for a moment before dropping. I have to reset the GW before it will release the line. I am not using any regions, but am using partitions and calling search spaces. If I change the Attendant DN on the GW to an IP phone, all works as it should.

CCM 3.2.1 on MCS-7825

IOS 12.1(5)XM6 on VG200 using FXO in 1/1/1 for PSTN interface.

VMailGW#sho run

Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1019 bytes

!

version 12.1

no service single-slot-reload-enable

no service pad

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log uptime

service password-encryption

!

hostname VMailGW

!

logging rate-limit console 10 except errors

enable password 7

!

ip subnet-zero

no ip finger

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 111.222.111.33 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

no mgcp timer receive-rtcp

call rsvp-sync

!

!

!

!

!

ccm-manager mgcp

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 111.222.111.222 255.255.254.0

duplex auto

speed auto

!

ip classless

no ip http server

!

!

voice-port 1/0/0

!

voice-port 1/0/1

!

voice-port 1/1/0

!

voice-port 1/1/1

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 3 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/1/0

!

dial-peer voice 4 pots

application mgcpapp

port 1/1/1

!

!

line con 0

transport input none

line aux 0

line vty 0 4

password 7 !

end

5 Replies 5

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Are you getting a busy signal or is it connecting and you are just not getting any audio? Are you sure you are doing g.711 between the gateway and the auto attendant.

Thank you,

-Mckee

I get no audio. When watching the app view real time monitoring, I see the call come up and drop immediatly. After a call is attempted, the GW has to be reset else you just get a busy signal. I have no 729 configured at all on on this CM.

Are you sure the apps server can ping the router. It almost sounds like a routing issue. Not sure why the AA would work internally and not through the vg200.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Yes it can. I can put normal calls in and out all day. It;s just when I change the Attendant DN in the CM gateway port config from an IP phone to the AA route point that things start breaking.

Thanks for helping.

Bob

r-reed
Level 1
Level 1

This appears to be bug dw69421 where the vg200 hangs when trying a call that is passed to a cti port. Workaround is to put a dummy phone in that the vg200 calls. The dummy phone forwards all calls to the route point.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: