Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ios upgrade problem

hi

I was trying to upgrade the ios router gateway to support the MGCP protocol

i had the c3660-is-mz.122-8.T4.bin image and i would like to upgrade to c3660-is-mz.122-11.T9.bin image.

My router gateway characteristics:

- Cisco 3660

- DRAM 96 Mo

- Flash 32 Mo

When i was trying to upgrade the new IOS, i had the error message Low memory...

could you please tell me where is the problem..

I checked on Cisco website and i found that we need 96 DRAM and 32 Mo Flash.

Could you please help me

4 REPLIES

Re: Ios upgrade problem

Memory requirements are dependant on alot of factors, the main considerations are:-

- what modules are installed

- which IOS feature set you require which will support the above.

Hi

Thank you for your response

Yes i was chanking the memory calculating

On my router i have these modules

- 02 NM-HDA cards.

After checking i fond that we need 32Mo flash and 96 Mo DRAM. with ios 12.2(15)T5 or 12.2(15)T IP Plus.

I was trying also to use another ios that it is function in the same router but with oldest flash memory...

I was trying another new memory but the same.

I think that the new memory is not formatted or not partitioned ...Any idea about this ??

thank you for your help

You are able to partition your flash with a maximum of 2 partitions, and each partition is configurable in size.

For example you can format 16Mb with 2 partitions each with 8Mb in each, this is achieved as follows:-

conf t

router(config)#partition flash: 2 8 8

This command creates 2 partions, the first partion is set to 8Mb and so is the second. The same applies if you have an external flash (PCMCIA), partition slot0: 2 4 4, depending on the size of flash.

Given the modules you listed 96MB Memory, 32MB flash is essentially the minimum for this configuration. You have 4 spare slots, therefore you I/O memory requirement will vary depending how the slots are populated in future.

Your specification requires at least 25% I/O memory, therefore verify that configuration has memory-size iomem 25 configured. 25 percent is normally the default.

I would specifically look longterm when order you memory, given the fact that you have 4 spares slots for expansion.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content