cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Adress &Computer name change

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

1/I need to change the IP address on the Unity server. What do I neeed to do<br>2/I need to change the computer name on the Unity server. I know that exchange wont come up if I do this. How can I do it that Unity comes up ok<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
1 Reply 1

Not applicable

1. The IP address of the server is not a Unity issue... you need to work with the site IT folks to help you with that. They'll get you the IP address they want to change it to and can take care of that (Unity doesn't care what the IP address of the computer is).

2. If Exchange doesn't come up, Unity doesn't come up. You can't have one without the other. Changing the name of a server out from under Exchange is not going to fly for you. If they really, really want the server name changed it'll be necessary to reinstall the server from scratch.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: