cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator and the clock time

jeff.hillman
Level 1
Level 1

I have IP Communicator up and running in the lab and have noticed that it's clock is 4 hours off from the rest of the IP Phones in the lab, as well as the PC it is running on. Does Communicator pull its time and timezone from the CallManager like the other IP Phones or is it pulled from the PC it is on?

I checked the open caveats and didn't see anything listed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a "documented" "bug". You need to change the time zone settings in Call Manager from "Use local server time..." to the time zone you are actually in. As soon as I changed this setting in my Cm 3.3.3sr3, the time corrected on the Communicator display. Now if I could get the communicator to track shared line appearances and the custom ring list....

Lee

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

It pulls the time from the PC it is running on.

There seems to be a disconnect somewhere between the Communicator and the PC. The PC clock is correct and set for the right timezone. The Communicator clock is exactly 4 hours faster than the PC clock. The PC clock is synchronized to the same NTP server that the CallManager is.

I couldn't find anywhere to change the timezone specifically in Communicator. I assume it is supposed to take the timezone from the installed PC as well.

Thanks for the response!

This is a "documented" "bug". You need to change the time zone settings in Call Manager from "Use local server time..." to the time zone you are actually in. As soon as I changed this setting in my Cm 3.3.3sr3, the time corrected on the Communicator display. Now if I could get the communicator to track shared line appearances and the custom ring list....

Lee

That did the trick! Can you post the document/bug ID that is listed in? I didn't find it in my searching.

Thank you,

Jeff

Found the reference in the release notes:

CSCec78626 USER INTERFACE: Communicator does not display time using CallManager time

zone.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCec78626

I guess for once it pays to RTFM. Hi Hi..

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: