Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Communicator Audio device problem

I have installed Cisco IPCommunicator on desktop PC Esprimo E5700 which contains Realtek ALC260 - High Definition Audio device. After I have started Audio tuning wizard I have problem with following message:

Audio tuning wizard cannot configure default windows audio device to record sound. Cisco IP communicator may not function properly with this device.

After this message I received another message: Audio tuning wizard has encountered a problem and need to close.

In IP communicator preference tab at Audio modes I have recognised Default Windows Audio device under Headset, Speakerphone, Ringer and Handset properties.

I think that I have limited functionality of IP Communicator. Please Help.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: IP Communicator Audio device problem

I am having the same problem with a Sony Viao laptop with a Realtek HD audio device. I am getting this information second hand so I do not have the laptop in front of me. Sounds like there may be an issue with IPC and this particluar sound card.

What version of IPC are you running? Let's keep this thread updated with any new info.

Keith

You might be hitting: CSCsa65866

Try opening the Sound and Multimedia control panel, and clicking the Audio tab, if you see something like this:

Sound Playback

Preferred device:

Realtek HD Audio rear output

Sound Recording

Preferred device:

Realtek HD Front Green Jack

Since these names are different, IP Communicator will not recognize these devices.

B>Workaround:

Use a USB headset, which will be recognized by IP Communicator.

Yup, that is the problem. I'll see if the playback and recording device can be set the same. Should have checked the bug toolkit. ;)

Thanks a lot! 5.0 rating for that one. :)

Thanks I'm very grateful, I will try to use USB Headset recommended by Cisco. Rating 5.0 too.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content