Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Communicator - Auto Update

Hi,

Am i correct in thinking that for the IP Communicator AutoUpdate featur to work I have to run the CiscoIPCommunicatorSetup.exe on the call manager (TFTP server) itself?

I have already run the Admin tool, but I need to get the image onto the tftp server (and presumably in the correct path).

Has anyone got this update feature working?

Thanks,

Peter

4 REPLIES

Re: IP Communicator - Auto Update

What IP Communicator and CCM version? In IPC 2.0(1) the autoupdate is no longer supported.

//Jorge

Hi Jorg,

Are you sure?

Auto update is still documented in the Administration Guide for 2.0(1) (all be it not very thoroughly), and I am using 2.0(1) and it give me an AutoUpdate error when I open the application, saying it cannot find the correct load. I suspect I have the incorrect load info in CCM but I do not know what format version 2.0(1) should appear as in Device Defaults, and also where I should place the file on my TFTP server???

Thanks,

Peter

Sorry but is no longer available in that version, take a look to the Realease Notes:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_ipphon/english/ipc/ipc20_1a.htm#wp2458576

"Auto Update Not Supported from Cisco IP Communicator release 1.x to 2.0

AutoUpdate is part of the Cisco IP Communicator software that helps you automatically

update Cisco IP Communicator. Every time Cisco IP Communicator registers with a Cisco

Unified CallManager, AutoUpdate compares Cisco IP Communicator's current software load

with the version in the configuration file. AutoUpdate downloads and installs new software

components from the TFTP server when it detects that they are available.

Auto Update is currently not supported for updates from Cisco IP Communicator Release 1.x

to Cisco IP Communicator Release 2.0(1). You must use the installer to upgrade from Cisco

IP Communicator Release 1.x to Cisco IP Communicator Release 2.0(1)."

If you want to stop the messages that the AutoUpdate is failing you need to go to the

CCMAdmin on the CallManager server and go to System --> Device Defaults, you need to

erase whatever you have in the Load Information field on the IP Communicator.

HTH

//Jorge

Thanks Jorge!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content