cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator Backgrounds

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

I have the IP Communicator in my lab. I am trying to put a company logo as the background. I have followed the instructions on creating the png images (thumbnail and background) and the List.xml. I have put these into the directory "C:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\TFTPPath\Desktops\320x212x12" according to the documentation.

When I go to the IP Communicator Settings/User Preference/background, there are no images to view. The default image even disappears. It tells me to select an image, but no images are there.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Trae

20 Replies 20

thorster
Level 1
Level 1

Did you try to re-start the TFTP service?

Thanks, I did forget to re-start the TFTP service. I tried that and it still does not show any image.

Thanks

Trae

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/products_qanda_item09186a00801f7ad8.shtml

Q. What desktop appearances (skins) are available?

A. Cisco IP Communicator has two skins available (Default and Mercurio) and a screen only mode. Currently, the skins are not customizable

Thanks for your reply, but the skin is not what I am trying to do. It is the background that can be changed with a custom one.

Thanks

Trae

is the formatting of your List.xml file correct? If you don't close the xml fields correctly or have a typo, that could cause the problem you're experiencing.

-J

Not to hijack the thread, but you CAN edit the skins.

go to c:\program files\cisco systems\ip communicator\skins. copy en existing .xml file and rename it. edit your graphics (located in the .\images directory and change the xml file to reflect the new image names. I have created a couple just playing around.

There is no "skin editor" but if you know something about skinning, it is pretty easy.

How do you re-start the TFTP service? What's the command?

On Linux appliances utils service restart Cisco Tftp

On Windows go to services and restart TFTP

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How about the command to restart TFTP service in CME on a UC500?

Take a look here: http://host.deluxnetwork.com/~ccmstuff/7970.htm

These backgrounds are working at my 7970 and my IP Communicator.

The list.xml is there also.

Just copy everyting in the mentioned folder and it should work.

Mayby you'll see your mistake if you compare it with your stuff.

No Joy.

I built the folders and copied the list.xml file and the four image sets to the folder. I stopped and restarted the TFTP service. I launched the Communicator and only the default screen shows up.

Lee

I got the images from the link you posted. That works fine. I compared my list.xml with the one from the link. There was a few things I needed to change. I now get a blank image thumbnail when I use my list.xml. I must have the image formatted wrong. I will look at reformatting my image.

Thanks for the link. That really helped a lot.

Trae

The link doesn't seem to work, I just tried this now.Does anyone have the documents on this link or another link that might work

Please try the new address

http://www.ccmstuff.org/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: