Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Communicator is too aggressive with keyboard shortcuts

I have Cisco IP Communicator 2.0.1.1. One of the keyboard shortcuts it registers, Ctrl+Shift+A (answer phone), fails on two accounts: First, it DOESN'T answer the phone, and second, it completely takes over that shortcut. I have two separate apps where that shortcut fails to work whenever Communicator is running but does work when I shut the program down. Is there any way to disable/change this key sequence? I really need this shortcut in one of the programs.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IP Communicator is too aggressive with keyboard shortcuts

Hi,

You may try to edit kbmap.xml file in (default path is "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco IP Communicator").

--

regards,

PK

I realize I'm replying very late, but kbmap.xml does not seem to be what I need. Nowhere in there is Ctrl+Shift+A mapped, so this shortcut must be handled elsewhere in the software.

By the way, after doing some tests (and upgrading to 2.1.0.85), I should clarify that Ctrl+Shift+A DOES answer the phone IF and only if the software has focus. This begs the question of Why does it hook the #$%&^%&@# shortcut system-wide if it's not going to respond to it no matter where it's invoked?

Views
Helpful
Replies