Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator & Norton Internet Security 2005

firstgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco IP Communicator soft phone on my laptop which connects to VPN Client and works perfectly when Norton Internet Security 2005 (Version 8.3.0.5) is turned off.

Can anyone really help me out by answering why when Norton Internet Security is turned on that it does not connect?

Thanks in advance

Chris

3 Replies 3

m.matteson
Level 2
Level 2

Built in FW might be turned on.

The Norton FW on the machine or is there a FW on the IP Communicator too? I'm not up ont eh software i'm afraid!

Thanks

quick list of features offered by Norton 2005:

* Automatically filters spam and dangerous phishing email.

* Automatically removes viruses, Trojan horses, and worms.

* Automatically blocks intruders and identity thieves.

* Hides your computer from hackers.

* Scans email and IM attachments for virus threats.

* Improved! Alerts you to serious virus outbreaks and adjusts your security settings accordingly.

* Gives you control over all incoming and outgoing Internet traffic.

* Prevents confidential information from being sent without your permission.

* Blocks Web sites you don't want your children to visit.

* Blocks banner ads and popup windows.

New Features

* Automatically detects and blocks high-risk spyware and adware programs before they are installed on your system.

* Now includes 12 months of protection updates and new product features as available throughout the year*.

* On-going Protection keeps your computer protected from the latest Internet risks by automatically renewing your subscription at the regular subscription price (plus applicable tax).**

* Inspects your computer for security holes with one click*.

* Detects and removes dangerous spyware, keystroke loggers, and other unwanted monitoring software*.

i would try disabling these features one by one if possible until you find out the IPC works. The big one i would start with is the FW in the Norton software. Shut that off.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: