Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Communicator one way audio

system:

Ip Communicator 2.02

CME

DELL and HP Laptop with internal Broadcom Wirless card

Cisco VPN

I can't seem to figure out why I only get a one way audio when I use IPC on a laptop with wireless network. I could hear remote user, but remote user can't hear me. Now, when I try the same set up with a Desktop, its work 100%.

Both systems run on wireless network and Cisco VPN client. I have compare and check network and audio setting property for both.

8 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: IP Communicator one way audio

Sometimes the computer needs a reboot when using cisco vpn client. Also double check any firewall software.

Hope this helps

reboot and firewall is disabled. I'd tested on 4 laptops, still the same result.

kennychit:

I had this problem, and TAC helped me to fix it.

Possible reasons:

-----------------

1.Call manager registers your local LAN Ip address instead of IP address of VPN adapter.

Make sure under IPC, Preferences->Audio->Network->Audio IP Address

*Detect Automatically has selected, if not make sure, audio IP address has VPN adapter selected.

Dell Laptop does not have a microphone (mine doesn't D610). You must use a headset connected to the laptop.

Yes, I am using a headset on both laptop (HP and Dell.

ok, I found a solution to the problem.

I have to downgrade the wireless Broadcom card driver to older version.

Working Version (tested on Dell and HP Laptop):

3.100.35.0 11/27/2004

3.100.35.1 02/10/2005

NOT Work (tested on Dell and HP Laptop):

4.40.19.0 3/23/2006

4.10.40.0 11/02/2005

Another good test is that if you can

Start up IPC on your laptop

On your laptop ping your CCM

If successful, move the next part of the Pings.

Audio can be two different things. If you are trying a PSTN gateway call, and your voice gateway does not have a route for VPN gateway, or vice versa, you will not get correct audio.

If your IPC is trying to call another LAN attached IP Phone at the office and you are getting one way audio, you have a bad route between the two gateways again.

To narrow it even further... take your laptop to the office, boot up on the LAN and try to use the IPC with PSTN call and a call to another IP phone. If successful, you know it has to do with your routing between the firewalls and the other devices.

I had this problem. Pain to figure out, but easier to understand if you can narrow what is calling where and trace the routes.

Cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies