Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Communicator over VPN

Dear TAC Member

I have CCM 4.2 with Softphone and cisco 2821 with FXO ports.

NOw when i am connected to my local area network and the softphone v 1.1.3.0 is registered with the CCM i can call anywhere ie

to local extensions and outside (PSTN) through FXO ports.

Now when i am connected to my company network over internet through VPN (Microsoft VPN ,Remote access server)

the softphone registers properly and i can call the local extensions.

But when i try to call outside the call does go through??????

What is the reason ???

Is there some configuration i need to do on router or ccm to get this call through???

Please explain.

Regards

Nouman Khan

4 REPLIES

Re: IP Communicator over VPN

Hi,

First, be sure your have IP connectivity between the PC and the PC (when the VPN is established), no filters, acl, ...

Second, define better the problem. Does the phone registers correctly ? Do you get dial-tone ? Can yoy dial numbers ? The call is established ?

JAVI

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Here r the answers to ur qs,

PC to PC connectivity is fine

IP Communicator registers with the callmanager and gets the right extension over the vpn

There is dial tone -i can call extensions across the vpn (IP Phones)

The only prob is when i try to call outside through the fxo?The call does not go through?

Fell free to ask any other qs

regards

Nouman Khan

Hi,

I think your issue is a IP connectivity between the softphone (and PC over the VPN) and the router. Are you sure both can reach each other for IP/UDP/RTP connection, I mean, a routing problem well designed and implemented.

Can you ping the router from the PC ? Do yo see the IP range assigned to the PC ?

Regards

JAVI

atleat IP connectivity is not a prob.

i can ping everywhere

dont know about UDP/RTP????

how to check????

regards

NOuman Khan

Views
Helpful
Replies