Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Communicator - "An audio device was removed during an active call"

Hi,

We have recently started using IP Communicator within our environment and our CEO used it from home for the first time last night.

He has explained to me this morning that he kept getting a pop up box appear during his call stating "An audio device was removed during an active call". He had not removed his headset at all.

If he acknowledged this box and clicked "OK" he would drop off the conf call he was dialled into. However if he ignored it, he remained on the call and could still participate (however as the pop up box was active he couldnt adjust the volume of the call or mute himself at all).

He was using his Dell D400 laptop with a plantronics headset connected via USB.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with their users at all?

Thanks

Paul

5 REPLIES

Re: IP Communicator - "An audio device was removed during an act

yes. v2.0.1.01 on an HP Pavillion using the Plantronics DA-60 USB headset AND on a supermicro workstation using the onboard soundcard (AC97) information on resolution would be great!

We are using version 2.0.1.01 too.

Hi, yes i have the same problem you are talking about, it happends all the time on my IBM T43, i have not removed or changed the audio settings, and this error comes up while i have an active call, when i click on the ok button, of the popup message, the active call is droped, i do not know why i haave tis message???

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Paul,

It sounds like you are running into this Bug first found in Version 2.0.1 and assigned but not yet fixed;

CSCsc85643 Bug Details

First Found-in Version 2.0(1)

Symptom:

When eject a CD, CIPC will display "An audio device was removed during an active call. This will cause the active call to be disconnected." When click 'OK' from that message, the call gets terminated.

This also happens when unplugging a USB mouse or keyboard.

Conditions:

This happens while CIPC is on an active call when ejecting a CD or unplugging a USB mouse or keyboard.

Workaround:

Don't click OK to the disconnecting call message until user wants to end the call.

Hope this helps! It's never good to have problems with the CEO :)

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts..........

Sorry to bring an older thread back - but we were getting this issue on IPC v2.1.1

I believe we are *still* getting the issue on IPC 2.1.4 running from CUCM 6.1(2). Is this still an open issue for Cisco?

Worryingly, our affected staff only get this issue at home, and tell me they are not using USB devices, nor ejecting CDs :o)

Views
Helpful
Replies