Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP communicator v2.0.1 with Cisco VPN client-Audio issue & Rcvr packet loss

Hi

Is anyone could give me an idea on an issue with IP communicator + Cisco VPN client?

We have been testing IP communicator prior to rolling-out, but we encounter a problem. I think this could be an issue with either audio or Cisco ASA 5510 QOS for VoIP, but we are not able to determine what causes this issue.

The issue is

when IP communicator makes a call via Cisco VPN client, I could talk for about 1 minute and lose audio, but the call is still active and the remote party could hear the Music on Hold when the IP communicator was put on hold. When this happens, I could see the Rcvr lost packet counter was increasing.

There is no problem calling from IP communicator on the LAN.

We use Cisco ASA 5510 + Cisco VPN client v 4.8.01.300 + IP communicator v 2.0.1.1

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards, DJ

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: IP communicator v2.0.1 with Cisco VPN client-Audio issue & R

Insufficient bandwidth could cause this issue.Dialup connections have insufficient bandwidth to support Cisco IP Communicator over Cisco VPN.For more information look under Other issues in the following URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5475/prod_release_note09186a008043a3ba.html#wp1052626

Re: IP communicator v2.0.1 with Cisco VPN client-Audio issue & R

Thanks for your reply,

It wouldn't be the bandwidth problem. the Internet conenction that I tested with had a decent speed.

I wonder anyone has experienced an IP communicator audio issue with IBM thinkpad T42. From the link you have given me mentions about this:

**Problem seen on PC/Client machine using the same internal port for Speaker and Microphone**

May this cause IP communicator's audio issue?

Thanks, DJ

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content