Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Fax Config Wizard - ?

Please confirm my thoughts.

What I understand is that you can configure a third party fax software (on Cisco's approved list which includes Faxcination). And all of these incoming faxes will come though a single gateway and can be routed to a single Exchange mailbox. You can then use Unity UM 4 to distribute the fax messages based on their intended number (the end user's normal phone/mailbox).

So, a fax could be sent to my normal DN (for my desk phone) and it would be grabbed at the gateway, then parsed and emailed to my normal Exchange mailbox.

Is this right? If so...great; thanks!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: IP Fax Config Wizard - ?

No, that's not quite right. Unity can integrate with a number of 3rd party fax servers, but it's through their Exchange or Domino fax gateways - for 3rd party fax servers Unity is not involved at all in the delivery of the fax to the subscriber's inbox. The fax server itself is responsible for delivering it there - the most common method is through seperate DID numbers for fax.

You can check out the training video on the 3rd Party Fax Configuration tool for more details - it's home page is here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_ThirdPartyFaxConfig.htm

The IP Fax Configuration Wizard is specifically for handling inbound faxes via T.37 from supported Cisco gateways - currently this is inbound only, although we're working on outbound capabilities for Unity 4.0(4). Again, this is done through seperate DID numbers for fax. If you haven't already you can check out the training video and help file on it's home page here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_IPFaxConfigurationWizard.htm

I understand you're looking for "one number voice/fax" support but it's not currently possible.

Views
Helpful
Replies