cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Fax solotion

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

I have got a question in regard to TAPI 2.1 and CISCO Call Manager. I know that call manager 3.03 wil support TAPI 2.1. For now we are going to use SSP. However I want to know what advantages TAPI has got over SSP. The second question is that I know there is no pure IP fax solution is available. If I install a FAX board I need to get Dial tone for it. What CISCO Router will provide dial tones. I hear VG200 is one of them. Do you know if anybody has done this somewhere in the country. If it works or any info appreciated. What is the AV soltion for IP fax in the future.<br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Here is an answer to your first question.

The SSP and Tapi integration have very similar functionality. The following list describes the differences between the two integrations as they now stand. Cisco could add more functionality to the Tapi integration before it is released.

Functionality Tapi has over SSP:
1. Support from Cisco including TAC support.
2. Busy greeting on forwards. (SSP plays the ring no answer greeting on forwarded calls.)

Functionality SSP has over Tapi:
1. Failover. (Can connect to a second CallManager if the primary one fails.)
2. Reconnects after the CallManager has been rebooted. (Don't have to reboot Unity when you reboot the CallManager.)
3. Comma pauses in pager dial outs.
4. Trouble shooting "Test" button to make installation easier.

Aaron Belcher
Software Engineer
Active Voice
abelcher@activevoice.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: