cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Faxing

jpike1980
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Biscom Fax Server and am thinking about going to a t.38 Fax over IP Solution.  What do I have to do on the callmanger side of things to make this work?  I have version 7.1 and a 3845 Router in MGCP.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Biscom wants you to make an Intercluster trunk pointing to their server (you can also just create an H323 gateway) - not sure why they want it to be an intercluster trunk but whatever. Then you need to change the configuration on your mgcp gateway that specifies what the default package will be which is "mgcp default-package fxr-package", then you will need to issue the "no mgcp" command and then the "mgcp" command for it to take affect. When i set this up there is a bug with certain IOS, if you run 12.4-24.T2 you should be fine. 12.4-24.T1 has a bug in it that says T.38 is enabled and working but it doesnt work. I think that was all.

Tracy

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

Biscom wants you to make an Intercluster trunk pointing to their server (you can also just create an H323 gateway) - not sure why they want it to be an intercluster trunk but whatever. Then you need to change the configuration on your mgcp gateway that specifies what the default package will be which is "mgcp default-package fxr-package", then you will need to issue the "no mgcp" command and then the "mgcp" command for it to take affect. When i set this up there is a bug with certain IOS, if you run 12.4-24.T2 you should be fine. 12.4-24.T1 has a bug in it that says T.38 is enabled and working but it doesnt work. I think that was all.

Tracy