cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Intergration

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting ready to install a Unity Voice mail with fax boards to a Cisco ICS 7750 IP Telephony solution. This will be my first with working with IP phones and no PBX. Can you give me some input on what to look out for and a brief review on exactly how unity intergrates with Cisco 7750. Thank You.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Let's see... IP integration in 100 words or less...

Unity communicates with CM using a WAV driver to do the audio stuff and via a TSP to commuicate call information via the "skinny" protocol to CM.

With analog cards it worked much the same way but we'd get all information via a serial port (RS232 cable to the switch), analog DTMF signalling and/or proprietary digital info via special voice cards (i.e. VTG cards parsing the display and passing the info to us). We still use a WAV dirver to do the playback/recording in that scenario so really from Unity's standpoint, it's all transparent. We're abstracted from the details of the communication layer itself via the WAV and TSP drivers (for the most part... on paper is look real clean).

So you're going to install the AvCiscoTSP which talks to the skinny protocol on the CM and connects to the uOne ports you'll have set up. The TSP install has a little test utility and once you get it talking to the uOne ports properly you're in good shape. On our box that's about all you have to do. If you get your CM setup and configured properly, you're ? of the way there...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)