Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP-IP-Gateway and Gatekeeper in one box?

Is it possible to run IP-to-IP Gateway and Gatekeeper features simultaneously on the same platform (say, some 26xx) or not?

I'd like to use Gatekeeper feature for managing my own voice network and IP-IP Gaetway for E.164-address manipulation when forwarding calls to the "outside world"..

2 REPLIES

Re: IP-IP-Gateway and Gatekeeper in one box?

I think it is possible.

i have done gateway and gatekeeper in one router.and gateway registered in gatekeepr . there were netmeeting clicents that use gatekeeper and also the router was ip gateway but u have to have IOS with MCM feature set.

Re: IP-IP-Gateway and Gatekeeper in one box?

I've played a bit with MCM.. I found that endpoints cannot be explicitly specified in gatekeeper configuration -- they have to RAS-register either at my gatekeeper, or at the "remote zone" gatekeeper, which is not what I want, because I wish just to communicate external gateways, not discover whether they are managed by any other gatekeepers or not..

So, the question remains: does the IOS with IP-IP-GW feature set (e.g. c2600-js2-mz) have any gatekeeper functionality or not?..

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content