Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP-IVR to ICM

Hi,

How can I route a call from IVR to ICM..??

Scenario is: I have an IVR Script(.aef file) Once the user presses some button on phone so that call should be transferred to ICM to pick up a free agent.

I did configuration of ICM on Application Administration. ICM sub-system is also running.

regards,

Maruthi.

3 REPLIES

Re: IP-IVR to ICM

Hi Maruthi,

Assuming you're using IPCC, then you should probably route the call using the ICM to deliver the call to the IP IVR first by having a QueueToSkillGroup node in the ICM script. That way the ICM would know of calls in progress at the IVR, and the ICM can then control the call. Don't set the IVR script to be 'interuptable' in the ICM - this will stop the IVR script being interupted when an agent becomes available. Then in your IVR script you'll need to define your menu options etc. one of the option will trigger the IVR script to end. Once the IVR script has finished, the ICM will regain control, if an agent is available the call will be delivered, else you'll need to define another IVR script to play queue music.

Regards, Gary

Check out this URL for integrating IP IVR with IPCC:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps3651/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a00800f8117.html

Hi Gary,

Thanks for you response.

The scenario is cisco IPCC, with only post-routing.

The call from the CallManager is sent to the IVR.

The IVR should make the post-route request to the ICM.

The job of our ICM Script is to pick up the route request and

identify the best available agent.

Now our problem is how can we send a route request from IVR(.aef)

to ICM??

Rest everything is working fine.

Thanks once again.

Maruthi.

Hi Maruthi,

If you're using IPCC, and the ICM has routed the call to the IVR to execute an IVR script using something like a RunVRUScript node then the IVR application does not need to make a post route request to return call control to the ICM to allow the call to be routed to an agent. Once the IVR script is complete, the ICM script continues from the next node in the ICM script.

Regards, Gary

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content