cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7940/60 tone generator

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Tone generator softkey does not appears.

Phone load is P00303010107

5 Replies 5

CCampbell_2
Level 1
Level 1

Did you do the magic chicken dance first? Taken from Troubleshooting Cisco IP Telephony, apologies to cisco press.

"To enable the tone generator, you must first unlock the phone by entering the keypad sequence **#. Next, place a call to another phone and hang up. You must do this because the sequence **##** is the phone's reset sequence, and the next command you will enter also starts with **. With the IP Phone unlocked and on-hook , enter **3 on the keypad. You have now enable the IP Phone's tone generator. As soon as this mode is enabled, it remains enabled until the IP Phone is reset.

Press the phone's help (i or ?) button twice in quick succession. You should see a softkey labeled Tone."

I did the procedure and nothing happens. What CCM version do I need?. What IP phone load do I need?

Try the following modified version of the previous answer:

To enable the tone generator, you must first unlock the phone by entering the keypad sequence **#. Next, place a call to another phone and hang up. You must do this because the sequence **##** is the phone's reset sequence, and the next command you will enter also starts with **.

With the IP Phone unlocked, go OFF-HOOK, get dialone and enter **3 on the keypad. You will hear Reorder Tone. Go back On-Hook. You have now enabled the IP Phone's tone generator. As soon as this mode is enabled, it remains enabled until the IP Phone is reset.

Then make a call. Once the call is Connected, hit the i-button twice, You should see the Softkey Tone in the bottom left hand corner of the display.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Brian:

It works.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

Can some one expalin What is the point of using tone key.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: