Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7960 - no phone book?

gzcpdagency
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Our company outfitted us with Ciscos 7960 phones. To my - and my colleagues - huge surprise it has the option of listing missed, received and placed calls, but no phonebook functionality where you can just edit and save phonenumbers by yourself? For such a large, clunky and certainly not very cheap kind of telecommunication device that appears to me... let's say it nicely: rather odd. I mean, every primitive landline device that can be purchased in an electronic store for private use has that kind of option. Any suggestions? Extra software to be downloaded for that?

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You do not mention any version or what you're using.

I'm going with CUCM 7.X

Use the personal address book if you want to configure your personal entries.

You can do it from the phone or from CCMuser

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Can't tell you anything about a CUCM Version, since I don't find that information on the phone - but anyhow, an address book application should be installed in such a device as standard, i consider something like that really not as "fancy" add-on application but a basic which is a MUST. My adress book just lets me search for entries, but not save them. That's some clever programming.

CCM/CUCM DOES HAVE THE APPLICATION.

If you don't have it get in touch with your network admin.

Linux appliances have it pre-configured by default, windows versions only required the admin to create the service and subscribe your phone.

Have your network admin enable the Personal Address Book (PAB) for you.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Linux? Windows? Network administrator?

Listen, it's a PHONE - that kind of stuff should be installed when it comes out of the box. We're not talking about a high-end workstation here and I expect a product like a telephone to have that functionality without first taking a degree in informatics first. BAD PRODUCT DESIGN.BAD.

Hi,

It is installed by default by Cisco on every Phone, all you need to do is

consider it as a personal Address Book and not a Phone book.

If you are using an IP phone which is registered to Callmanager 4.X then you

might need an admin to just provide you the privilage of PAD(personal Address book) else you will have it by default.

If you dont understand Callmanager Versions then please check with your admin.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: