Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Phone Address Book Synchronizer error

When attempting to sync I receive the error message "the user has not been validated". I am positive what my user password and pin are. I have tried using the pin and password neither one has worked. I am also using unity 2.4.6 w/ cm 3.1.3a.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
5 REPLIES

Re: IP Phone Address Book Synchronizer error

Ensure that you can ping the CCM which contains the DC directory using hostname as well as ip address. If you are using NT or 2000 this will require an addition in the C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.

I have CM running 3.1.3(a) and Address Book Sync ( TabSync) works fine . I typed in wrong password for the user and I got the same

error message "he user has not been validated".

Make sure you can logon to CCMUser page using that username/password.

CCM server ...put in the ip address instead of name , and port # 80

Also make sure you can ping CCM using hostname. If you can't make sure you have entry in host file as per previous post.

If you are using NT or 2000 this will require an addition in the C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file

-Amisha

Cisco Systems

I checked the cm and it is pointing at our local dns server. I also am able to ping the cm by name and ip. An interesting happens though when I go to the cm administrator through the web browser by cm name i and try to search users nothing happens everything else works. When i go to the cm admin by the ip a can search fine. I also tried setting up the tabsync on another users machine and the same error message came up. I reset both of our passwords and pins but no good. Does anyone know what is doing the authenticating here?

Anonymous
N/A

I have seen this same message on users that have the 'Change password at next logon' check off in there account. Once I uncheck this for the accounts the error disappeared.

It turns out that there is bug in the version of tabsync that comes with cm 3.1.3a. You should use tabsync.exe ver 1.0.0.9.

Views
Helpful
Replies