cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Agent Login Problem

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

When I try to login to the IP Phone Agent, I get error : Invalid entry(s), retry.

I know the entries are correct, and I can login to the Agent Desktop using the same username/password and extension.

Phone extension is 3002 which is associated to rmuser, and telecaster user.

What could be my reasons for not able to login?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

This error is usually seen when a invalid password or Agent Extension is entered. Since it is working on the desktop that does not appear to be the problem. A TAI trace may be needed to show why the phone agent login is failing. You should open a case with TAC and provide a TAI trace if you are still unable to determine why it is failing.

TAI Trace setting info:

Set Debug Level in TAI Config file - C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\IP Phone Agent Interface\config\AgtStateSvr.cfg

[Program Log]

Path=C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\IP Phone Agent Interface\log\AgtStateSvr.log

Size=300000

[Debug Log]

Path=C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\IP Phone Agent Interface\log\AgtStateSvr.dbg

Size=300000

#Range=3000,3010,3020

Range=3000-8000

Move # from in front of Range=3000-8000 to Range=3000,3010,3020.

Save the config file then restart the Cisco Desktop TAI Server service for the change to take affect.

After done tracing change the range back to Range=3000,3010,3020 and restart Cisco Desktop TAI Server service.

Log file is C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\IP Phone Agent Interface\log\AgtStateSvr.dbg

In addition to the above check the following

1. How many IP Phone Agent lcenses you have. Also, check for the following in your IP Phone Agent Log.

Run the LicenseAdmin app in

c:\Program Files\cisco\desktop\bin

14:07:03 02/25/2003 INFO ASL10017 SICDAgentMgr::addAgent: Have reached maximum license allowed.

2. Check the URL for IP Phone Agent Service and update the subscription.

http://<6293>//ipphone/jsp/scixmlphone/IPAgentInitial.jsp

Regards

Yogi

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

This error is usually seen when a invalid password or Agent Extension is entered. Since it is working on the desktop that does not appear to be the problem. A TAI trace may be needed to show why the phone agent login is failing. You should open a case with TAC and provide a TAI trace if you are still unable to determine why it is failing.

TAI Trace setting info:

Set Debug Level in TAI Config file - C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\IP Phone Agent Interface\config\AgtStateSvr.cfg

[Program Log]

Path=C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\IP Phone Agent Interface\log\AgtStateSvr.log

Size=300000

[Debug Log]

Path=C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\IP Phone Agent Interface\log\AgtStateSvr.dbg

Size=300000

#Range=3000,3010,3020

Range=3000-8000

Move # from in front of Range=3000-8000 to Range=3000,3010,3020.

Save the config file then restart the Cisco Desktop TAI Server service for the change to take affect.

After done tracing change the range back to Range=3000,3010,3020 and restart Cisco Desktop TAI Server service.

Log file is C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\IP Phone Agent Interface\log\AgtStateSvr.dbg

In addition to the above check the following

1. How many IP Phone Agent lcenses you have. Also, check for the following in your IP Phone Agent Log.

Run the LicenseAdmin app in

c:\Program Files\cisco\desktop\bin

14:07:03 02/25/2003 INFO ASL10017 SICDAgentMgr::addAgent: Have reached maximum license allowed.

2. Check the URL for IP Phone Agent Service and update the subscription.

http://<6293>//ipphone/jsp/scixmlphone/IPAgentInitial.jsp

Regards

Yogi

Thanks for your help, I did not have enough licenses.

Hi,

How did you add more licenses?

Thanks!

Erik.

Hi EriK,

Use "License Update utility" to add more ports /agents. To add a new feature(eg. historical report license), the installer has to be run.

Regards

Yogi

Thanks Yogi - I had a look around and found there is a file called LicenseAdmin.exe

I will try that!

Regards,

Erik

Hi,

The path for LicenseUpdateUtility is Start Menu->Programs->Cisco CRA Administrator->License Update Utility or the corresponding executable is "C:\Program Files\wfavvid\FLEXlm\LicenseUpdate.exe".

Hope this helps.

Regards

Venkat