Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Phone Agent vs Desktop Agent

Does anyone know if one agent can have both the IP phone agent and the Desktop Agent configured at the same time? Can they use both at the same time? I can't seem to find any documentation to describe this scenario.

3 REPLIES

Re: IP Phone Agent vs Desktop Agent

I would have to so this can't be done (yet) due to this limitation I ran into:

You can only associate 1 ICD extension to an LDAP(CCMUser). Also the IPCC Express server can't have the one user logged into two CAD's or a combo of CAD and IP Phone Agent. When you try to do this the app tells you that the ID is already logged in...

This is what I have seen when attempting to accomplish your question during my last project. If anyone knows differently please let us know.

Thank you.

Mike

In IPCC Enterprise I have used the IP phone and the CTIOS Agent desktop

You can have the IP Phone Agent and Desktop Agent configured at the same time but you will not be able to log into them at the same time. If you are already logged into the IP Phone Agent and then try to log into the Desktop Agent using the same userid you will receive a message saying you are already logged in. The system will give you a choice that either forces you to log out of the first device so you can log on to the new device or to cancel the request.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content