Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
p

IP Phone Delay and Echo.(7910,7912 using CCM 3.3)

Dear friends,

This is sumesh,working in CMC LTD-Bangalore.i have to solve one IP Phone pbm, but unfortunately i am a new one in this field. request u help me to solve this pbm. Pbs are (1)We have total 9 locations.in that one location faces more echo and delay.

its happeninig frequently, as per my idea i have done these tests,

1.physical connectivity ok

2.swith port speed .......set to 10M half,100M and auto.

3.Broad cast and Multi cast errors and ...checked all logs from switch (no logs)

4.reseted the phone ---phisically and form call manager.

5.interchanged the phone (2 phones avlbl at branch 7910,7912)

other observations

.bandwidth utilizaton 50% -both data & voice

.tx load-20/255 rx load 81/255 at branch (approx)

.reliablility of link 255/255

.crc,line errror--negligible.

there is no seperate vlan for ip phone on the switch.

there is some delay for execution of commands thru What's up gold(it takes 2seconds approximately to visible the commands in remote router.)

and swith.....

pls suggest me some soln for this issue.....

reg.

Sumesh ps

6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IP Phone Delay and Echo.(7910,7912 using CCM 3.3)

Where is the CCM in relationship to the branch where these phones are and what kind of connectivity do you have between them?

p

Hai,thanks for ur reply.

CCM is installed in core location.pbm facing in branch location. connectivity used is leased line 64Kbps.

here i am attaching the core router ,branch router and branch switch configurations.

pls reply

sumesh

Hi summesh,

How many phones were installed on brach location?You need to create another location on your CCM and apply g729 on that location so that you can compress each voice call.Please consider QoS implementation on your network.It is advisable to implement QoS when running Voice and Data on a 64kbps link.

Thanks

p

hai zakymar77,

2 phones are installed in each br.location.possible pls send the g729 and QoS confg.

thankiong you

sumesh

Silver

g729a will be selected by default but an explicit location config would not hurt. The most effective thing that you could do to improve your situation is to implement LFI. This is particularly helpful on slow links such as this (64k). This guide should have everything you need: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800b75d2.html

pls rate if helpful!

Hai,sorry for delay.

i am unable to acces the proposed site.

as early as possible i will contact you

sumesh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content