Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Phone Delay

I'm trying to set up a remote office with ip phones using a 4224. When the user at the remote office picks up the phone, there is a delay of about 3 seconds before I hear them. From that point on, there is no delay. There is a T-1 connection between both offices. Any ideas or suggesstions would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: IP Phone Delay

I can't help you with the 4224. But the first thing I would do is verify that you have the T-1 signaling format (ESF/SF) and coding (B8ZS/AMI) set up the same on both ends of the link. I'd also check the T-1 timing (network or are you providing). Next I'd put a BERT tester on the span to verify that the above items are true and the span is healthy (no errors, timing slips, etc.). If you can't do that then have your provider to it for you.

Re: IP Phone Delay

Please check the IOS version of the 4224 in the following compability matrix : (CCO): (we had a similar problem with a bad IOS version)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/ccmcomp.htm

Greetings

Views
Helpful
Replies