cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Forget Password/Factory Reset Problem (7960)

meetnnnn_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a Cisco IP Phone 7960. I have lost the password. I need to get the device into factory reset or need to break the password. I have done rebooting, holding # key and typed 123456789*0#. Thats not working. Typed passwords (Cisco, cisco, **#), thats also not working. What to be done next to resolve my issues.

Please reply asap.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Lakshmy,

If the factory reset does not clear the password, I am afraid that the unit should be RMAd; are you sure that the factory reset is successful? I mean, are you getting into the "factory reset sequence detected" and "Keep network cfg? 1 = yes 2 = no" screens? If that is not the case, please follow the factory reset steps at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/4_2/english/administration/guide/7900trb8.html#wp1087402

Hope it helps!

Hi.

I have gone through that link earlier and i was not getting the prompts "factory reset sequence detected" and "Keep network cfg? 1 = yes 2 = no". thats the scenario i am having. I was following the same steps thats mentioned under factory reset.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: