Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP phone keepalive process

I am running some tests on a demo platform with CCM 3.2(2c) in an IPCC environment.

Due to the network configuration I got some reset on a remote IP phone(remote = not on the same IP segment, in our case).

I know that the CallManager keepalive timeout process is triggered when the IP phone doesn't answer 3 successive keepalive packet sent every "StationKeepaliveInterval" value (defaulted to 30s.

I circumvent the phone resets, by increasing this value (I put 3mn). But I think it is more clever to increase the number of missing keepalive answer than increasing this value.

I wonder to know if this number of 3 missing answers can be changed.

Does anyone has an idea ?

Thank you. Bernard

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IP phone keepalive process

Looks like you are hitting the bug CSCdy86262.

Re: IP phone keepalive process

Thank you for your answer, and you put the finger on my original request, I don't want to increase the StationKeepaliveInterval, I would prefer to increase the number of missing keepalive responses (which is currently 3) before declaring the phone "Unregistered". My concern is to know if this value of 3 can be changed. That would be more clever than increasing the keepalive interval which has some side effects like the one you address.

Do you know if we are able to increase this figure of 3 missing keepalive, and how ?

Thank you for taking some time to answer.

Regards. Bernard

Views
Helpful
Replies