Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Phone message button

I have a primary line (line 1 of an IP Phone 7960) and 4 shares lines (line 2,3,5,6). When I press the message button Unity shoes the maibox of line 5 and not the mailbox of line 1.

Others Ip phone 7960 get mailbox of line 1 in Unity.

What is happening?

CCM version 3.2(2c)

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: IP Phone message button

When you hit the messages button on an IP phone, if the MWI light is on it will choose that line to dial out on. If there are multiple MWI lights lit, I'm not sure what the rule is on picking a line to dial out on. If no MWIs are lit, it will normally pick your first line to dial out on.

Hello,

We have run into similiar issues with the Voicemail button and multiple lines (typically in a Boss-Secretary Combination). Here is what Cisco has told me is happening:

When a user presses the "Messages" button on a 79xx phone, the telephone firmware scans through all of its defined DNs, looking for a DN with the message icon set. (This normally appears as an envelope symbol next to the line number on the display.) If any of the DN appearances on the phone have the message icon set, the phone will then call the Voice Mail machine using the last line with a message. (If no message icons are set, the phone will call using the first DN appearance.)

There are plans to change the way that this works but nothing committed as far as I know. You might want to contact your account team to get status on the change. You should reference CSCds51126.

In addition they have added great new features and enhancemnts in 3.3 for boss-secretary that should help.

Regards,

Darryl

Thanks Darryl

Your explanation will help me with my client (I hope he understand)

Alex

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content