Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Phone "error verifying config info"

Shortly after upgrading to 3.3(SR3) of call manager I get the error "error verifying config info" on a IP phone after it has been reset. Operation does not seem affected. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this error and how to fix it?

3 REPLIES

Re: IP Phone "error verifying config info"

Sounds like a tftp error. This usually happens when the phone is looking for it's current firmware load on the tftp server in order to upgrade to a new load.

If it cannot find the .bin or .sbin file that it is currently running it would throw the error you are seeing.

I am running the latest 5.04 non sip phone firmware and have even did a reload on the call manager servers of that firmware to make sure it was not at fault. Nothing changed, the phones still provide that error on reset. Unfortunately I don't think it is a problem with the main firmware image.

Then it must be an authentication issue. Have you checked the authentication url in enterprise params.

Try setting it to ip address of the CCM instead of the net name. Erase config on the phone and reset.

Regards,

James

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content