cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Ring Type

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way I can upload a .wav file to a 7940/7960 IP Phone, to have the option of selecting it as a ring type ?

If this is possible, how do I go about it?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

jsmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

ringlist.xml file is used to list rings. You can find it and other rings in the tftppath folder. Edit the file to include your new ring that you put in the same folder.

The ring type files I see are .raw. Do I just rename the .wav file to .raw, and put it in the ringlist.xml file?

Go here for all the info on ring types.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080139386.html

Note: Cool edit is no longer available. Adobe changed the software and charges big bucks for it.

The ring types don't have to actually match the requirements listed, but should be close in regards to the maximum record time and levels. I currently have 70 rings listed for my users, including one that sounds like the phones on "24".

Lee

I would be interested in aquiring your "24" ring tone. I also have several to choose from if you are interested. you can email me at stonb@fordav.com.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: