cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone ringer files

mcdonalj
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if anyone has created alternative ringer sounds for a 7960 phone. I have attempted it after reading that they have to be 8 bit PCM RAW files, but everyone i create sounds great in sound software but unrecognizable when played on the phone. Could you please tell me exactly what format to save them in, i.e. sample rate, bits, size etc. I am using CoolEdit as a sound recorder/converter. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mac

4 Replies 4

pdeleeuw
Level 1
Level 1

Mac,

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_0/admin_gd/3_0_9/a3rings.htm

I think this is what you where looking for.

regards,

Patrick

gaurban
Level 1
Level 1

Mac -

If that document didn't help, let me know - I have done this and have multiple ring files already created.

thanks

Gerri

Gerri:

I tried to create some exactly within the specs of the document referenced in the first reply using Cool Edit. I got one to come out right and the rest are just noise. I would appreciate any ringers you could spare that are different from the default set. Just trying to give my users some variety. Thanks.

Mac

I agreee - we have about 30 ring files created - but it'd be great to interchange them online as I'm sure we went to trouble not neeeded...anyone know of a ring file interchange site? :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: