Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone state

jboughto
Level 1
Level 1

hello..

does anyone knows how to start an app that can monitor the state of a group of lines?..mainly what i want to do is to install the app on the managers phones, so that they can monitor if the line of other managers are onhook or off hook, before they make the call..

i see a lot of applets on the CCO..but dont know which ones to use..

thanks

10 Replies 10

vipinkalra2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was browsing through the forum.

I am also planning to write an application in Java probably using Ciso Jtapi to monitor the IP Phones status.

Can you help me with the some direction or codes.

I have written a small application which captures the events of the IPPhones. But unable to understand how to map it with line number and IP Address of the phone.

Thanks

@vipinkalra2000: If you haven't already, have a look at the CallerInfo Server example in the IP Phone Services SDK.. it monitors all phones and sends push messages to a phone when it goes off-hook to connect an incoming call. That should give you an idea on how to map events to the particular phones.

I'm not sure about associating lines to phones in JTAPI though.. I had a quick look at the JTAPI JavaDoc, and Cisco's extensions but I did not find anything. However, you can use the existing methods in the SDK to get all the phone names, then for each phones get the lines that are associated to it. I have a small prototype for an app that can be used to set any phone's forwarding properties, which does about the same thing. Here's a code snippet:

getter.axlQuery("listPhoneByName", "%");

getter.axlQuery("getPhone", "SEP000F3442E7D1");

getter.axlQuery("getLine","{5DC75FE0-C490-41E0-B154-571CAA6C8373}");//7960

getter.axlQuery("getLine","{101ABB19-18CF-42B5-A602-975271A60BD9}");

String query = "{101ABB19-18CF-42B5-A602-975271A60BD9}";

query += "";

getter.axlQuery("updateLine",query);

getter is basically a class derived from AXLProvder in the SDK. My first line enumerates all the phones, I parse those XML objects, and read out the GUIDs of the lines associated to it, then I get each line object to check if it already has a forward set (that part of the code isn't listed), and finally I call the AXL updateLine method to set a forward.

Except for the updateLine method, everything is read only and there are no performance issues there (writing on the other hand is another issue.. there's a limit to how many write operations you can make per minute but I don't recall the exact value).

I hope that helps

Hi Stephan

Thanks for the reply.

I am not aware of the SDK u are talking here.

Can you please give me some links to understand the same.

Thanks.

-vk

Cisco has a non public developer section on their webpage, where you can download developer documents and tools as well as APIs. Here's the URL: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

Access to this section requires a CCO account, which you can create by clicking on Register at the top of cisco's site (it's right there along with "Home", "Log in", etc). Registration is free and doesn't require any company affiliation, though sometime, being a member of a Cisco partner organization will give you access to more, but the SDK is available to anyone who has an account.

Anyway, once you're in, you'll see 4 dropdown lists. The first one is "VOICE TECHNOLOGY/AVVID". IN there you'll find "CallManager - IP Phone Services SDK". Selecting that option will take you to a page where you can download the SDK. Install it and you'll find a series of ASP and JSP samples, as well as a couple of java classes both compiled and in source code, with a JavaDoc documentation. Take some time to read through the examples.. I found them to be very useful (and they're well documented).

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the info.

At the first sight it looks like, through the SDK we can make the application that can be deployed on IP Phone .. Am I right ?

Does this SDK has the features to hook on to call manager and take the information of the devices registerd to it?

Please advice.

-vk

Hi,

I don't know if it can be of any interest to you guys, but I have written a piece of script using ASP and Javascript to do just that : monitor phone status. It's not real time, the script refreshes the info every ten seconds. It also checks if the line has been forwarded, and finally it reads a text file with the list of DN you want to monitor.

I'm not a programer and I can't write any Java.

If you are interested in this code, I would for sure share it and appreciate any help as I came accross strange bugs.

If you are not, I am interrested if the Java code you are maybe writing (your post seems to imply you can easily get real time info about the phone status), would you mind sharing your work ?

Thanks.

Thierry

Request for u r email ID.

I tried posting the code over here but the character limit exceed.

-vk

Hi,

My e-mail is thierry.visier@wanadoo.fr

Thanks !

Check u r email.

-vk

Well, I did receive your e-mail and I replied already. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: