cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone stuck in a loop

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

I unplugged the phone to reboot . It seems like it is in a loop!

Configuring IP

Configuring CM list

Opening 10.135.220.250

It keeps going thru this starting with the top and working it's way down to the bottom.

5 Replies 5

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

I assume that it was working ok before and that the phone config is ok on the CM? If so, try connecting it to where another working phone is patched in, thus ruling out any cabling/switch port problems.

If this doesn't work, then you know it's the phone.

Maybe try erasing the local config and restoring the phone back to factory defaults, and then see.

I have a 7960 phone in my office. The one in question is a 7960. Do you want me to try the one that does not work in my office where mine is located?

I have had this problem when either the phone or the switch has had the speed and duplex hard coded. I would check there first.

Yes, if you have a working phone in your office, then connect the phone that's having the problem into the cable that's currently being used by your working phone.

KEITH DATRIO
Level 1
Level 1

I have also seen this problem when I get a dhcp conflict. If you clear ip dhcp conflict * on the router handing the ip address it might clear this up. Also I find that if I test the cable on some of these that are doing this I find pins 4 and 5 bad. Do not know why this would affect the phone since I do not use inline power but when I re crimp the ends it works. These are the two things that I have found to work everytime.