cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone to IP Phone delay in Voice CM3.3(3)SR2

zawadzkij
Level 1
Level 1

Currently running CM 3.3(3)SR2. Phone Load for 7960/40 P00305000300. Prior to upgrade we were running 3.3(2)SPC. All of a sudden we are having Voice delay from IP Phone to IP Phone. User will call phone A to phone B. Phone B will not hear phone A for the first 5 seconds or so. I've seen delay over PSTN but not internal. Possible phone load? Any thoughts. Thanks

10 Replies 10

imranc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that is the latest load out there for 7960/40 for 3.3.3. can you please turn on QRT key on the phone. and collect the logs for the selected phones. Is it for every phone?How often do you see it.What is the Gateway where the calls are coming from? What is the protocol? You see one way audio for 5 seconds in both directions? or just from one site.

Depending on what exactly you see, i could suggest some debugs.

thx

Please check all these stats.

thx

calmichael
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any update on this issue?

I have a client with similar issues occurring,

again inbound from the PSTN.

The difference is that we are using 3.3.(3)SR1

and we have 12.2(15)ZL code on the MRP.

Same Phone Load for 7940/60.

Thanks

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

Are you absolutely certain that the phones updated to P00305000300? This sounds exactly like a bug that was present in P00305000100.

Double checked, just in case, and under device

defaults for the 7940 and 7960, P00305000300 is

listed; and also under firmware load information,

CCM reports that all phones are using the default

load.

A full reload (pub+sub) may be providing a temporary fix for this issue, but we are staying tuned. . .

Do you have the option "H323 FastStart Inbound" set to "true" in CCM service parameters? I had the same issue it is set to false by default.

this helped me,

geoff

Yes, that parameter is set to true, though the

parameter default is false.

On a different note, the problem has not reemerged

since the full system reboot (Pub+Sub).

abeshara
Level 1
Level 1

Most of My customers are running version 3.3(3). Cisco has recenlty release service release 2 and 3. In fact, I cannot trake risk of applying those service release without testing. So I setup a lab for this. I install 3.3. Then I put the releases that cisco has launched and I am facing the same problem you are facing and thank god it is in lab environment. What is Happening that when you dial a local extension, the phone wait for the timer what we used to face in outside call befroe establishing the call to the next phone. It is funny that the call manager doesn't perform quick route look up and do the nearest match. I am still trying to find a solution. Did you resolve this issue?

Regards,

I have two Callmanager Clusters. Both had CM version 3.33sr2 but only one had this problem.

This problem was not there right there after the upgrade to sr2. After several weeks we had the delay the first time and then we had it more often.

At our maintenance at christmas I upgraded the cluster to sr3. After that we never had the delay.

I don't know if the problem was solved with sr3 or if it was just the reboot of the system.

But I would give sr3 a try - I have no problems with it.

I had the problem again a few minutes ago. This time it was a call from IP-Phone to IP-Phone.

My colleague had the problem with a call from an ISDN phone.

So the problem was not solved wit sr3.

A new phone load is available - P00305000400.

Might be worth a go.