cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone user page customize

cairns-a
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to customize the IP phone web user page. (options.asp) I want to remove a few items (ie. IP phone service).

Is the options.asp file the only file to change?

Can I have two ip phone user pages so that managers can have everything and the users can only have speed dial? We would just tell them where to point their browser.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

Arthur:

In CCM admin Service Parameters page, under CCM User parameters you can select what the users in the cluster will see on the page. It does impact all users in the cluster.

If you're changing the asp page contents by editing remember that this will need to be saved and reapplied after upgrades.

Tom

Thanks. I found the User options in Enterprise Parameters.

If I change the asp page can I have some people go the original and some go to the modified one?

Thanks

Trae

Haven't tried that, but I believe it will work.

The references on the modified page will need to be changed to reflect the new URL (when an update is performed and the page refreshes it will need to maintain the new location, not revert to the default). If a conflict arises due to permissions assigned in CCM vs. the new asp page you will need to resolve them by allowing the greater access of the two in enterprise parameters and restrict in the modified asp.

Not to state the obvious, but users should bookmark the page assigned to them to prevent confusion.

Tom