Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Phones not able to establish last unsucessful call using the Redial butt

1. Phone ext 100 is dialing some outside PSTN line 0,3366997 . Call is sucessful & even the redial button is making the call next time.

2. Now Phone ext 100 is trying to Dial PSTN line 0, 8844001, Phone is busy & call doesn't mature. When we try to make a Redial it redials the phone number 0, 3366997 instead of the last call made i.e., 0, 8844001.

Everything was working fine since last time I made some configuration changes. They have replaced there Voice-Gateway (Router/ FXO/ FXS) with Catlyst 6009 (having 8 port PRI card, acting as a Voice module). This existing Switch is also acting as a backbone Switch.

IP Phone --> Catalyst 6K , 8Port PRI line --> PSTN

CCM Version : 3.1(2c)

1 REPLY

Re: IP Phones not able to establish last unsucessful call using

This is perfectly normal operation.

Your old gateway was analogue, therefor there was no call answer supervision, so call manager assumed every call was succesful. This allowed you to redial calls to busy destinations.

Your new gateway is ISDN based and has answer supervision, if the call is not answered it is unsuccesful, therefore if it was unsuccesful why would you want to call it back? This is just how it works, not my opinion how it should.

Your users will just have to like it, because I can't see it being changed.

paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content