Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ip Phones on Private Ips Callmanager on Real IPs?

If I have Building A and B connected via T1 line with real ips. In Building B I have voip Phones and two callmanagera. In Building A I Have voip phones, 2 callmanagers, and Unity. Phones in both building will be on private ips (192.168.0.x for B and 192.168.1.x for A) Can I just add static routes on both routers in building A and B and have the phones talk with the callmanagers in both buildings and the unity server?

The callmanagers will be in seperate clusters...

Building A will have inter vlan routing via a 6500 Supervisor 1a with MSFC. I was thinking of using my network router in Building B to route between private and real. I was lookin at a 2621 router?

I guess the other alternative would be to throw all my ip phones on real ip's but I dont want to do that if possible...

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Ip Phones on Private Ips Callmanager on Real IPs?

Yes, you can add static routes on your routers to route between you real and private IPs. You might also think about configuring an intercluster trunk to preserve 4 digit dialing.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content