cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ip Phones on Private Ips Callmanager on Real IPs?

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

If I have Building A and B connected via T1 line with real ips. In Building B I have voip Phones and two callmanagera. In Building A I Have voip phones, 2 callmanagers, and Unity. Phones in both building will be on private ips (192.168.0.x for B and 192.168.1.x for A) Can I just add static routes on both routers in building A and B and have the phones talk with the callmanagers in both buildings and the unity server?

The callmanagers will be in seperate clusters...

Building A will have inter vlan routing via a 6500 Supervisor 1a with MSFC. I was thinking of using my network router in Building B to route between private and real. I was lookin at a 2621 router?

I guess the other alternative would be to throw all my ip phones on real ip's but I dont want to do that if possible...

1 Reply 1

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Yes, you can add static routes on your routers to route between you real and private IPs. You might also think about configuring an intercluster trunk to preserve 4 digit dialing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: