cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones rebooting

j.magee
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who is experiencing a problem with IP phones rebooting randomly when someone talks on a walkie-talkie..I seems when they key in the mic to talk the RF signal does something to the IP set and it reboots..Has anyone heard of this ..any fixes … this customer is a heavy user of there radios…Thanks in Advance

9 Replies 9

darryl.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Intersting. I remember a post a few months back (I will search for it).

What IP phones are affected and more importantly, can you get the frequency ranges (channels) from the customer in use by the Radio's (400MHz - 450MHz for example)? Does this issue happen on all channels and is it reproducable? Is there a distance requirement between the IP Phone and Radio (meaning, can a radio 100 Feet away cause this?)

Best Regards,

D

They use a 800MHz system...I am working on the range...we can reproduce this 75to 80% of the time ...we have not tried distance, but it is reproducable when the radio user is right in front of his IP set...Thanks

Range is 808MHz to 821MHz

OK. Thanks for the info. Any word on what IP phones this affects (7902,7905,7910,7912, 7920,7935,7940 7960)? I am still looking though some old threads/emails ...

Regards,

D

The affected sets are 7960, 7940 and 7910

OK. How long has the IP Telephony phones been installed? Are all phones affected? Just wondering if any of these phones have been working in harmony with the customer's Radio network or is it realted to a particular patch of IP Phones ...

Regards,

D

Hello,

I found a recent posting with similiar issues (400-500 MHz range). Last update was Oct 2003 and not sure if they found the solution...It may be worthwhile to contact them. Check out this link:

"http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=Subscriptions&CommCmd=MB?cmd=pass_through&location=outline@@.ee9eb61/3"

Regards,

D

It is a new install...Thanks for all of your help

Hi,

We had a few customers with the same problem, reboot when a cell-phone was to close while talking...

It seemed to be a problem in a particular range of serial-numbers. They were are replaced on RMA...

Tac might be able to help you out if it is the same problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: