Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

Ip services SDK and Proxy

Hi,

I have ip services SDK installed on my system and it works really fine.My customer wants me to install it for them as well but they have a proxy server on the network and i cant get it work properly.I've been told that by default the control pannel/internet options settings will be used but when i look in sniffer traces i see my IIS trying to go directly to the URL instead of going to proxy.Any help will be really appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Marina

4 REPLIES

Re: Ip services SDK and Proxy

Do you mean the sample services which come with the IP Services SDK? In that case you will have to modify the scripts slightly to set the proxy server information.

For example, in the script where it says

Inet1 = new ActiveXObject("CiscoURLProxy.URLGrabber");

add these two lines after this line:

Inet1.Proxy = "your_proxy_server:proxy_port";

Inet1.ProxyType = 2;.

You will have to do this for all of the scripts. This is the way I got them to work, there may be an easier way, if so please educate me.

regards,

Shrenik

Silver

Hi Shrenik,

Many many thanks

Will give it a try tomorrow

Marina

Silver

Hi ,

That works fine for all the text services, but the stock charts still dont work.In sniffer traces i can see that web server sends a request to proxy ,gets some info and posts it to the phone.Do you have any idea why isnt it working...(without the proxy it works fine).

Many thanks in advance

Marina

Hi,

I have an application which retrieving the stock data from the net. I have included the 2 lines that you mentioned above but there was nothing appeared on my IP phone screen except the the title and prompt. What else I should check on this? And, is that correct that I use port number of 80 for my proxy server?

Besides, what does proxy type 2 mean?

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content