Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP softphone and Agent Desktop on same pc

Not applicable

I have a group that has call center agents that are looking to telecommute. I am using CRS 3.0.3aSPC.

I am looking to install the following on a telecommuting pc:

1. Cisco Agent Desktop Version 4.3.2.9 (Enhanced vs)

2. Cisco IPSoft Phone 1.3.3

I installed the 2 apps on the laptop and they both connect fine. I make test call in to the acd trigger and the call queues and when I go "Ready" I get the call on the soft phone. After the call is complete, the Agent desktop hangs. It will not let me go Ready or Not-Ready. I have to close the Agent App and then relaunch it.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Is this install supported by Cisco?

1 Reply 1

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

If you want to do this you will need the Cisco Agent Desktop w/ Media Termination. CAD w/ Cisco's Softphone is not supported. The CAD w/ MTP is a seperately license that you have to purchase. Once you have the license, you just add VIP30 phone to CallManager and use the MAC Address of the agents PC. They fire up CAD, it registers with CallManager and they have all the call control functions they need, and can make outbound calls with the CAD Dial Pad.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: