Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Softphone

I am planning to implement Cisco IP Telephony at our network, we have only one office with almost 55 users, I read about IP Telephony solutions and I have decided to deploy Cisco CallManager Express on Cisco 2691 Multi service router. But our company doesn’t want to invests much on this solution because switching from old PBX system to IP Telephony, if we want to upgrade our PBX systems will not cost much, I want to deploy Cisco IP Soft phones for flexibility and cost saving.

I want to know whether Cisco IP Soft phone is compatible with Cisco CallManager Express or not.

if not any other third party softphone available which can work with callmanager express

I want to know which kind VIC cards I need to install in 2691 as an interface to PSTN Network (which cards are needed to make 2691 as voice gateway)

Hope you will reply soon

2 REPLIES

Re: IP Softphone

Sorry, The cisco softphone is not supported on express yet.

I know the guys at IP Blue have a good 3rd party softphone for CCM. But I don't think they have one for CCM express.

As far as vg mods for the 2691... here is the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a00800e73f6.shtml

g'luck

James

Re: IP Softphone

Thank you very much james

Views
Helpful
Replies