Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP telephony connectivity

hello.

i am running in my office a dedicated cisco 2620 XM with VOIP card. the connection is E1 PRI (31 chunnels of 64 KB). the connection to the PBX is CO (i can control my number of extensions per the PRI) in my other office i have the same router but the connection is T1 and the connection to the PBX is PLAR. i want to move all the phone calls between the offices to run on the gateways (IP telephony). can you give me some ideas how to make it works. it new for me.

thanks.

thanks.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IP telephony connectivity

You need IP connections between the two offices , again require some more VoIP cards , Can you give more details on the present senario, that can be useful to help you.

OK. sorry for the late response back.

i have Cisco gateway in each office which i can use for the telephony connectivity. also, the two offices are part of our WAN and they are connecting through VPN so there is no connectivity problems. i have the infrastructure and i need to know the configuration inside the gateways, like the needed dial-peers.

thanks.

Generally I believe you want basic voip setup something as follows:

Ph--pbx--t1--Rtr1--IPconnectivity--Rtr2--E1--pbx-Ph

As suggested you need ip connectivity between the sites. After that you can set up connection plars or trunks or switched calls.

hello,

my two offices are part of our WAN and connecting through VPN so i have a stable IP connection between the them.

i need the gateway configuration for the connectivity of telephony between the offices. i use the gateaway at the moment for inside VOIP devices for my company application(dial-peer voice xxx VOIP).

thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.