Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP Telephony Design Info

I want to deploy Cisco IP telephony solutions with in best price.

I have done some research on this. I am not new in Cisco world but in IP Telephony I’m very new.

I want to design 150 to 300 users IP telephony solutions for this following is my design.

2 x Cisco 3845 & each have 2 x 8 Port ISDN BRI Modules and each have one Unity express enhanced module(NM-CUE-EC)with 100 mail users.

One IBM x346 single xeon processor with CM4.1-K9-7815.

Now I want to know that I have 2 voice gateway routers with unity module & only one CCM server.

Is both router simultaneously configure with CCM & work also backup for each other.

Means I have total 32 ISDN BRI ports & 200 Voice mail user support.

I need your feed back.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: IP Telephony Design Info

do you have centralized callmanager solution?

are the gateways on the same location or in different locations?

assuming you have a single site:

Q: Is both router simultaneously configure with CCM & work also backup for each other.

A: yes, you have total 32 ISDN BRI ports

Q: & 200 Voice mail user support,

A: summary, you have 200 user support, but each CUE is independently from other. it means you havent a backup or redundancy of the Voicemails.

greetings

mehmet

Thanks for your response.

I want to use CCM (CM4.1-K9-7815) that support 300 users on IBX x 346 servers.

Can I use CM4.1-K9-7815 on IBM x346 server w/o any kind of problem like licensing & features set or some restriction?

2nd question for Cisco VOIP phone I need to purchase phone set & phone license.

If I used 3rd party VOIP phone so still I need to purchase phone license from Cisco.

Regards,

Farhan

Bronze

Q: Can I use CM4.1-K9-7815 on IBM x346 server w/o any kind of problem like licensing & features set or some restriction?

A: yes, you can use it. all CCM licences and Features are the same on all platforms..

Q: 2nd question for Cisco VOIP phone I need to purchase phone set & phone license.

A: Yes

Q: If I used 3rd party VOIP phone so still I need to purchase phone license from Cisco.

A: I think no

greetings

mehmet

Views
Helpful
Replies