Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Telephony for small company

Hi Guys,

Our company (8 extentions) is thinking about switching to IP phones.

I was looking into it and would like to know what is the list of hardwares I need to get.

So far I have come up with this list:

8 Cisco IP phones

CISCO2801-CCME/K9

9 port switch module card with inline power+POE power supply

Unity Express Card (for voicemail)

What do I need to connect 6 incoming analog phone lines? (all lines have their own number, there is only one number for the public, if that line is busy the phone company switch sends the phone call to the next available line in this 6 line pool.

We need all our phones to ring if there is an incoming call (on any of the 6 lines). First who picks up the phone will receive the call. We need to be able to transfer an incoming call between our phones.

What else I will need?

Thanks in advance,

Zoltan

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: IP Telephony for small company

With CCME you cannot do broadcast ringing for hunt-groups, you can do sequential, peer, or longest-idle.

Another alternative is to use Overlaid Ephone-dns and assign the same DN to all the 6 phones, or call pickup group.

Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85a.html#wp2175404

For analog devices you can use ATAs.

Chris

Hall of Fame Super Silver

With CCME you cannot do broadcast ringing for hunt-groups, you can do sequential, peer, or longest-idle.

Another alternative is to use Overlaid Ephone-dns and assign the same DN to all the 6 phones, or call pickup group.

Check out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804ad85a.html#wp2175404

For analog devices you can use ATAs.

Chris

you will need a couple VIC2-4FXO modules to handle the incoming analog lines. Since you only have 6 lines, you could instead use 1 VIC2-4FXO & 1 VIC2-2FXO. In either case -- with the 9port etherswitch module taking up 2 slots & the FXOs taking up the other 2 slots, your router is maxed out.

Guys,

Thanks for the information.

Zoltan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content