Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

IP Telephony OS 2000.2.7 IBM X346

Hi

I’m not newbie , I have installed this thing over 10000 times in different platforms , but one of my customer has an IBM x346 , when I try to install Cisco IP telephony OS I pass the HARDWARE DETECTION phase ( no problem ) next step is some basic configuration and after that it asks for DVD_DISK 4

When I put the DVD it accept the DVD but when the software wants to install the OS it gives me an error

Error #1810

Image file could not be opened

Very strange

I saw some documents about this error but all of them say choose NEW Installation option

But it doesn’t make any sense because I’m choosing NEW Installation

I’m sure I should not change anything in RAID because the Ip Telephony OS CD 1 will do all these things

The OS image is 2000.2.7

So can any one help me on this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: IP Telephony OS 2000.2.7 IBM X346

Also,

OS ver 2000.2.7a. is required for these servers.

Steve

4 REPLIES

With 2.7, i thought disk 4 was a CD and not a DVD. What does the label on the disk say ? Have you got another 2000.2.7 kit so that you will have another media to test with. May be that the disc is corrupt.

I am guessing that there are already partitions defined on the server. Delete all partitions and try again.

Steve

Also,

OS ver 2000.2.7a. is required for these servers.

Steve

There is no partision on the server and everything is factory default

slandon i guess you are right , there is something wrong with the Software , i think my customer recieved wrong product

thanks anyway for your help

Views
Helpful
Replies