Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

lap

IP telephony problem in a big shop | Need your help

Hello everybody,

I have an issue to solve regarding an IP telephony problem. My company will send me to France to fix this problem. But most of my knowledge are in routing and switching, I have almost no knowledge in IP telephony ( Theory only). I think the problem is not really difficult but I still need your advices to know where to start and what to do.

Futher down is a summary of the e-mails I received from the shop in France from the employees who are working there. France Telecom is the ISP.

1 e-mail:The problem is the connection between the ISDN lines provided by France Telecom and the IPBX installed by our shop.

2 e-mail:The problem isn't the physical line itself. The problem is that they ( France telecom) do not route all the numbers out to the ISDN line they installed. The number ending with 1212 get routed to the ISDN NT and that number actually works. But the rest of the number series does not get terminated in that ISDN NT. Calling those other number result in an error message being read in French. That can only come from France Telecom.

3 e-mail:We cannot solve this problem because it is not the system which has an error. Carl has been in Bordeaux and has checked the ISND line at that is working, but the number series for Bordeaux is missing in the system from France Telecom, the only existing number is 1212. The rest of the numbers are missing for French Telecom and is therefore not working. Either we have been informed of a wrong number series +33 5 34 32 12 04 to 13 or France Telecom has not delivered what they should.

4 e-mail:I checked again with France Telecom and they confirmed that everything is delivered and ok from their side.

They gave us the number series +33 5 34 32 12 04 to 13 with main number (headnumber) is +33 5 34 32 12 12 (exactly as in Paris where we are n° series from +33 1 53 25 13 70 to +33 1 53 25 13 89 with the headnumber is +33 1 53 25 13 70).

That's the reason why you find only the +33 5 34 32 12 12 arriving into the IPBX, it's because you then have to program in our IPBX the other n° we want to use (+33 5 34 32 12 04/ 05/ 06/ 07/ …10/ 13/…) within the number series granted by France Telecom.

But this can be done only by us because we installed our own IPBX.

5 e-mail:Even though the other numbers aren't programmed into the IPBX, we should still get some sort of ISDN Layer 1 activity when calling one of the other numbers (fx. the 07number). That never happens, which means the numbers are somehow impeded from France Telecom.

When we call one of the number, we get an error message in French. If the traffic was hitting the IPBX, then that couldn't happen. That speak originates from France Telecom and we have never gotten any explanation as to why it's even there.

I will really apreciate your help. Where do you think the problem comes from? Is that really France Telecom whose empeded the series number(do not route the numbers)? What should I check/do, configure?

Thanks a lot for your help to all of you.

Aitaseller

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: IP telephony problem in a big shop | Need your help

Already replied in "IP Telepho9ny".

Please do not open duplicate threads.

Views
Helpful
Replies